You will create a slideshow of images to retell a novel. In essence you are creating the ultimate spoiler summary. If I were to read this novel after seeing your slideshow, there would be no surprises.
- Your images must be intentionally chosen.
- The slideshow must feature the essential setting, character, and plot information.
- The slides must be in order.
- You will present the slideshow to me.
- You can choose any novel at your reading level.
- Your novel cannot be a novelization of a visual production – it had to be a book first.
- Yes, you can even choose a novel you’ve already read.
- Yes, you can choose a novel we studied as a class.
- If your novel has been adapted to film, your slideshow may only feature 5 images from the visual production.
- If you choose a graphic novel or a novel featuring a lot of illustrations, you may only feature 5 of these images in your slideshow.
- Each slide must be accompanied by brief notes that explain how the image relates to the novel.
- These notes can either be on a piece of paper or included in the notes section of the slideshow software.
- You can include text or notes into the actual slideshow but it isn’t necessary. The focus of this project is summarizing the novel using images.
- Your slideshow must feature at least 40 images.
Example: The Cay Slideshow