A Service Group is a non-profit, volunteer organization that works to improve some aspect of a local community. Service Groups are typically highly organized, have regular meetings, and membership often requires fundraising and many hours of volunteer time.
Real Life Service Groups in Canada:
You will create a brochure for a Service Group of your creation. You may use the information from your Taking Action assignment in creating this brochure.
3 Fold Brochure
- Front – Service Group Name, Logo, and Slogan
- Back – Basic Contact Information
- Inside Left – Benefits of Membership.
- Inside Middle – Membership Requirements, Expectations and Workload
- Inside Right – How to join. How to help if you can’t join.
- Folded Right – What you do. What you’ve done. Impacts. Accomplishments.