Typography Art – word art and/or art featuring text
Typographical Zentangle – a hybrid of typography and zentangles
For our project, words will also be used within the zentangles.
Step 1: Plan
- Choose a topic you know a lot about.
- Make a list of 4 or more subtopics based on the topic.
- Make a list of about 20 words for each subtopic.
Step 2: Sketch it
Press lightly when you are sketching.
- Create the title using block lettering.
- If there is a lot of white space you can add a couple of simple drawings.
- Create section boarders using lines. You will need as many sections as you have subtopics (from your plan).
- Fill each section with very simple line patterns. Like the lines on a piece of notepaper, you will use your pattern lines when you are adding your words so don’t make them too close together.
Step 3: Outline the Title and Section Boarders
Step 4: Add Words
Each section should feature a different subtopic. The words will be those you listed in your plan.
Step 5: Bold and Color
- Go over all the main lines with a dark marker or pencil crayon.
- Color the title with an eye-catching color. If you are using pencil crayon, color boldly so no white is showing.
- If you choose to color other areas, make sure they emphasize the title. If you are using pencil crayons, shade by pressing lightly.