Theories of Humor
- Superiority Theory
- Relief Theory
- Incongruity Theory
- Benign Violations Theory
Create a visual that explores and explains the theories of humor.
Your visual must include a section for each theory that features (at minimum):
- one elaborate, explanatory statement
- one written example, and
- one illustrative example.
- You may print off one image per theory to use as your illustrative example.
- To provide an enriched response, you could show how the theories relate to each other.
- You could include a section that explores topics that are NOT funny.
- You could include non-examples for theories to clarify types of humor that are similar but not the same.