Tier II Vocabulary
- Copy a Tier II word into the center column.
- Predict the definition and write it into the first column.
- Confirm by looking up the word and write the dictionary definition into the last column.
Fancy Paragraph Challenge
Choose at least 3 Tier II vocabulary words and use them in a paragraph. The paragraph must make sense and the words must be used appropriately.
Feature Word and Associated Words
- Choose any Tier II word to be the Feature Word.
- Copy it down along with its definition.
- Find 3 other Tier II words that are associated with this word.
- List the associated words along with their definitions.
- Explain how the words are associated.
Prefix – Suffix – Meaning
- Choose a word. Look it up.
- Using the chart, add a prefix, suffix, or both to the word. Look it up. Copy the meaning into the chart.
- Repeat #2 until you’ve run out of existing possibilities.
Common Prefix Chart
Common Suffix Chart