Some people see a problem and ignore it while others take on the challenge of trying to make a difference in the world.
You will write an informational essay or exposition describing a plan to help solve or alleviate a societal issue or problem.
Think of a problematic issue in your community, nation, or even your world. Use the following questions to plan your essay.
- Describe your issue. Why is it a problem?
- What actions are you going to take to help alleviate this problem?
- How will your actions make a positive impact?
- What you plan to do what you hope/expect will happen as a result of your actions.
- What you are doing and what has happened so far as a result of your actions.
- What you did and the result of your actions.
Your essay must feature at least 2 paragraphs.
- Your first paragraph will introduce the reader to your topic.
- You have a few options for the remaining paragraph(s)
- One paragraph featuring actions and impacts
- Two paragraphs – one about actions and the other about impacts
- Two or Three paragraphs – each focusing on a specific action and its impacts
- You can end your essay with a concluding sentence at the end of the last paragraph or you can create a short concluding paragraph.